Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Outfit: Old Favorites


Dress, Forever 21. Tights, Old Navy. Sweater, American Eagle. Belt, Forever 21. Boots, Target. 

Do you guys remember when I used to post really nice outfit posts with nice photos and great outfits? 

I'm still not at the point where I am confident enough to do this kind of outfit posts again, especially with high res photos, but... baby steps. It's been a long time since I've just written what I've up to and shared what I'm wearing. I wore this outfit last Wednesday; I'm making an effort to not dress ultra comfy everyday since I work in an office with essentially no dress code! 

This dress is literally the oldest dress I own -- I bought it in October 2008. 2008. That was six years ago, guys. I've worn this dress for six years. That's insanity. The fact that it still fits is even weirder to me. I'm always mixing and matching it and wearing it different ways. Here are a few others ways I've worn it through the years. 



My go to is clearly layering it over long sleeve tops. Sometimes I find it hard to look at old outfit photos -- especially the ones on the left in both of these collages! Those are from 2+ years ago -- aka, before I gained weight. I always end up playing the comparison game, which isn't fair to me or how far I've come professionally in that time. 

I love the fact, however, that I've worn this dress so many different ways in so many years. This is a dress I always turn to because it always makes me feel good. 

I'm going to make a goal to dress in a 100% new outfit combination everyday this week. Wish me luck! 


1 comment:

  1. I would love to see you get back to outfit posts! I always loved your sense of style and I think you bangin' and fabulous in every picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!