Monday, September 22, 2014

Kat Von D Ink! Liner, or Why I Don't Try New Things


I know it seems like I try new things all the time, but trust me when I say I don't try new things, especially after I've found something I've loved. 

And when it comes to thinks I love, I love my Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. It's gloriously dark; the brush is fantastic and never frays; and it has staying power like nobody's business. 

I don't know why, but I allowed myself to get talked into trying Kat Von D's other liner pen -- the Ink! Liner -- last week when I went into Sephora to pick up a new Tattoo Liner. The exchange when something like this: 

As I stood in front of the Kat Von D section, Associate: Hi, can I help you find anything?
Me: Oh, no, just getting a new eyeliner.
Associate: Have you tried the Ink! Liner?
Me: No, I really love the Tattoo...
Associate: It's so much better than the original. It lasts longer and you have more control of the line.
Me: Really?
Associate: Yeah. 

Logic: They are the same price ($18). They had near similar boxes and almost entirely similar looks when out of the package. What the heck? Why not try it? It can't be that different. 

I was wrong, guys. They're really different. 

The Tattoo Liner pen has a flexible brush with a fine tip that allows perfect wings and great lining. The Ink! Liner has a felt tip that does not move, onto applies a thick line, and pretty much means you'll never, ever get the point on a flick like you want. 

Oh and the staying power the associate mentioned? On Saturday I went to Portland with near identical eyeliner (after seriously 30+ minutes of trying) and by the time I headed home at noon, one side was smeared. I didn't even touch it. It's just that ridiculous. 

It's basically the worst

Ok, it's not the worst. It's usable. It's usable for the amount of time it takes me realize that putting on eyeliner is taking me 20 minutes in the morning and they're still uneven and I hate this freaking pen and I cannot wait to return it. 

Have you ever tried a product that you immediately regretted? Tell me about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!