Wednesday, August 13, 2014

NYX Blush in Dusty Rose


A few weeks ago, on impulse, I bought a blush from NYX. I'm normally not a huge fan of NYX products -- I find their eyeshadow to be very low quality, requiring lots of building and product use with lots of fall out. However, I wanted a new blush -- I've been using a NARS Bronzer this summer and threw away all my favorite blushes because they were quite old -- and I loved this shade. 


After a lot of hemming and hawing over shades, I picked Dusty Rose -- a gorgeous matte rose pink. It's an all-around flattering shade for most skin types. (If you visit the NYX link above, you can view all of the pressed powder blush colors -- I'm intrigued by the bright orange one!!) 

All-in-all, I really like this blush. The one thing I don't like about it is the packaging -- the pressed little pyramids are cute, but make it hard to get enough product on my brush! I find that I have to use a fair amount to get the level of color I want, but compared to their eyeshadows, it is still much more pigmented than other products I've tried from them. 


It's a very pink toned blush, which is what I tend to go for (having pale skin that does not tan). It's a shade that works for a sunny summer look, but will also transition into Fall and Winter really well. Who doesn't want to look like they just came in from the cold in Winter!? 

If you're in the market for a good, affordable blush, I suggest the NYX Pressed Powder blushes -- I was surprised by how much I like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!