Monday, August 11, 2014

Laura Geller Spackle Supercharged Primer, Part 2


Back in May, I received a small sample of Laura Geller's Spackle Supercharged primer. The sample lasted me roughly a week and I loved it. However, I am always acutely aware that one week in the life of my skin is a very short time -- week to week, my skin changes drastically depending on a variety of factors, from stress to the weather. 

I knew I wanted to buy a bottle of it, but I waited: it would be a special treat, something to look forward to. When Danny & I went to Idaho in mid-July, I promised myself I'd get a full-size tube then. I'm really glad I did!



Firstly, I still love this primer because it actually works for oily skin. I've tried a variety of primers -- POREFessional from Benefit, Lorac Pro's primer, Benefit's Flawless primer -- and all of them made me skin intensely greasy and increased my amount of break outs; as well, they didn't keep my make up on at all because of how oily they made my skin. Not a good thing. 

Secondly, this primer consistently keeps my make up in place all day. However, I was right about the fact that some weeks, no amount of primer is going to keep me oil free and with my make up set all day. With my skin, it just is not going to happen! However, this primer seems to work with my skin, even when I'm having a particularly oily week. 

The last thing I love about this primer is I don't have to use very much! I used maybe a pea sized amount everyday to cover my entire face. I felt like I was always having to touch up spots with other primers -- or they got so dry as I tried to apply them, I had to start over. I really love the clean feeling of this primer, the small amount I have to use, and the fact that it doesn't gunk up my foundation brush when I apply my foundation over it. 

All in all, this is a great primer for us with oily skin. I have not noticed it increasing my break outs, nor has it irritated my skin in any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!