Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Laura Geller GlamLASH Mascara


When I purchased my Laura Geller Spackle Supercharged primer, I received a free mini mascara -- Laura Geller's GlamLASH. I'm rapidly becoming one of those people with too many mascaras in their make up drawer -- but I can never say no! Plus, this mascara promised to be volumizing -- if you've read any of my mascara reviews (like this one) you know that when I look for mascara, I want volume, not length. 


I expected to love this mascara. Unfortunately, I didn't. 

Firstly, the brush is so oddly shaped -- it reminds me of cheap mascara brushes you can buy anywhere. If I paid money for this mini -- or a full-size -- I wouldn't be very impressed by the shape of the brush. It's too long, firstly, and the shape doesn't help it apply evenly. The product tends to clump up at the very end and can get globby on your eyelashes if you aren't careful. 

Secondly, the formula did nothing for my eyelashes. It was like I hadn't put anything on! It did not provide any volume or length really -- it was like putting on, again, cheap drugstore mascara. What's the point? I also found it clumped really easily and it was very difficult to get off (even with make up remover). 

It's a good mascara to keep in your purse for brush ups on the go -- but day-to-day, I don't use it. I'm glad I received it for free. As I said, if I had spent $10 on a mini, I would be disappointed for it to be the quality of a mascara I can buy for $3 full size at Wal-Greens!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!