Monday, July 7, 2014

My July Goals


For a long time, I've tried to tell myself I'm a goal-oriented person. I'm actually kind of not. I write a lot of goals lists. I think about goals a lot. But when it comes down to it, I'm a very motivated person who tends to make decisions on the fly. 

That being said, I do think it's important to have goals & things to focus on. Sometimes, I genuinely surprise myself by meeting my goals!

Here are my goals for this month. 

Lose more weight! I've lost a little over 10 pounds so far on Weight Watchers. My 3-month subscription is running out soon, but I have some stuff in place to keep on the program (without really, erm, paying for it!) I've been successful so far (although I do have trouble some days) and I love the results I'm seeing. More more more! I hope to have lost another 5 pounds by the end of the month. 

Read 4-5 books this month at the least. I've been doing a really good job of reading for leisure lately -- although in the past two weeks, I've fallen down the rabbit hole of reading fan fiction instead of actual, real books. Oops! There is something so cathartic to me about reading actual, physical books & I want to stick with it. 

♥ Prep for Camp NaNoWriMo in August! I'll be the first to admit that my NaNoWriMo ambitions only succeed about once every fourth attempt... but I always try to make the effort. Camp NaNoWriMo is the summer event & I'm excited to (attempt to) participate this year. 

Finish Nate & Amy's scrapbook. Danny's brother, Nate, is getting married in July. I promised Amy, his fiance & my awesome future sister-in-law, a pre-made scrapbook for their wedding. I have it finished halfway... I just need to finish it. I think I can, I think I can! 

Write more. I want to write for one hour everyday. Non-blogging, non-work related! This is incredibly important to me. After reading the Opposite of Loneliness, I realized just how much potential I have to create... if I just sit down and actually, you know, write! 

Do you have any goals for July? 



1 comment:

  1. I try to do Nanowrimo every year but have never got past 20,000 words! Hopefully this year will bring me some luck :P

    hellomissjordan.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!