Monday, July 21, 2014

A Weekend in Idaho & A Wedding


Last Wednesday, Danny & I drove to Idaho for his brother, Nate's wedding. I thought I'd share some of the pictures from our long weekend -- but mostly, I just want to talk about the wedding. 

The drive to Idaho from where we live is about 9 hours -- which is a long time to be in the car for humans, but even longer for Remus. He never does very well on car trips, even just a few minutes to my parents house! He gets really antsy and anxious. I tried giving him an anti-histamine (to help him sleep through it) but it did not work very well! He panted and paced the backseat the entire time. 

On Thursday, I went with Amy, Nate's fiance (and now wife!) and her bridesmaids (and a few other friends!) to get manicures and pedicures. I got my first gel manicure and I have to say I'm kind of obsessed now! My nails haven't chipped at all since Thursday and I love the white tips. I'm going to keep them for as long as I can in the hope that my nails will grow out. 


Friday was the rehearsal dinner. Danny and I had a date morning (as opposed to a date night) where we went shopping and then out to lunch. Then, we went to Amy's (the bride's!) house to sit by the pool and relax. 

Then Saturday was the wedding! 



The decorations were amazing. I loved the use of chalkboards and rustic elements, including antiques and felt flowers. Everything was basically perfect. Plus, the weather was fantastic. Warm, but with a nice breeze and a totally blue, gorgeous sky! 



The wedding itself was beautiful. I'm not usually a wedding crier (I did not even cry at my own wedding!) but I sobbed through the beginning. I loved Danny & Nate's niece & nephew carrying signs down the aisle -- instead of flowers or rings, they carried signs that said "Here she comes Uncle Nate..." and "& she looks beautiful!" It was such a nice touch. 

Danny was an usher, so he was one of the people holding the barn doors shut before Amy walked down the aisle. I loved that I could catch a peak of Amy walking in. The wedding was a perfect length -- about 20 minutes -- and it was so, so sweet. Amy is such a great person & I love Nate -- I've been so lucky to be apart of Danny's family and it's so fun to be able to welcome another "out-law" into the bunch! 

This second picture is from the wedding cake table! I thought it was such a nice touch. I don't think I'll ever be able to stop talking about how perfect the decorations were! 


These pictures are from the little table beside the gift tale. The birdcage was for cards -- how genius! I also love the mirror. It's nice to be able to check your outfit or make up quickly during a wedding. 


I just love this picture of Amy dancing with her father! I was standing in the gazebo at the reception (where the food was -- of course I was where the food was, where else would I hang out?) and I snapped this through the leaves during the father-daughter dance. 


Basically, the napkins were right. It was the best day ever! The thing about weddings is they're always so short. I felt the same way about my wedding! You spend so long thinking about it, focusing on it.. then it's over in a few short hours! But I had so much fun & I'm so lucky to be part of such a great family. 

We left yesterday. We actually woke up late (I forgot to set an alarm!), but we made it home in good time. Danny had downloaded Doctor Sleep by Stephen King to listen to on the drive home; listening to audiobooks makes the time go by so much faster. We had such a great weekend, but I'm excited to get back to work. 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well. Happy Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!