Thursday, June 12, 2014

Things I Love Thursday || June 12, 2014

A few years ago, I regularly did Things I Love Thursday [TiLT] posts. I don't remember why I dropped them, but I decided to bring them back to my blog! It's a great way to share the love for other blogs, for pictures I've posted on Tumblr, and for great articles I've read. Let's get started!



♥ Ok, so I know Kim Kardashian isn't super popular, but seeing this tweet posted all over the internet in the last week really made me think about how she created her empire. It's kind of empowering. 

♥ This is a great post for freelancers. Deciding what to charge people -- and sticking to it, even when they try to haggle -- is a huge stress when you're first starting out! It's good to know some guidelines.  


♥ I think we all know at this point that fear is the killer of creativity -- but it's still good to have a reminder sometimes! 


♥ Recently, I purchased a copy of Howl's Moving Castle for Danny & I. It's one of my favorite movies & Danny had never seen it! Shortly after, I found a post of background art for the film -- it's just so beautiful!

♥ Fun fact: I love bison. There is an animal safari near where I live & going through it once in high school, my car was surrounded by American bison. We couldn't move on for about 15 minutes! It was so amazing. I want a print of this photo ASAP. 


♥ As always, I'm a sucker for Oregon-focused art! You can view the rest here


♥ Do you ever see a series of photographs and think, there is no way that is real. I thought these photographs were digital creations at first!


♥ This is advice I think we could all take. People will always criticize things you do or say, but it's important not to take it personally. We all do things that are questionable & we all say things too quickly sometimes. There is nothing bad about taking criticism to heart -- but never take it personally. Just because someone says, "you can do better at blank"; that doesn't mean they're saying, "you are bad.

What are you loving this week? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!