Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Essentials


Oh, summer! The weather here in Oregon has been gorgeous. Over the weekend, I did some gardening (ok, actually, I just sprayed Round Up weed killer to try to fight back the growing season overgrowth!) and spent a lot of time cleaning up my house. Something about sun streaming through the windows makes me see all the dust, dog hair, and spots on the wall...

I thought I'd do a simple post to share my beauty summer essentials. (Next week, I'll share my summer non-beauty essentials.) I try to keep my beauty routine pretty simple in the summer -- nothing melts faster than a face full of make up when the weather is warm! That being said, foundation acts as a physical barrier between your skin and the sun, so it's an important step to protecting your skin from sun damage. 

Here are my essentials: 

Simple Replenishing Moisturizer. This moisturizer is light & incredibly effective for skin that gets dry really easily! Mix with a bit of SPF & you're set for the day. 

St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub. I reviewed this scrub a few weeks ago and it has rapidly become my go to exfoliator. It's very gentle and smells fantastic. Summer skin is polished skin! 

Essie Nail Polish is "Butler, Please!" I love dark blue polish -- so far, it's my favorite polish for summer! It's so easy to top with glitter or a few simple jewels for a gorgeous, polished mani. Plus, this dark blue goes amazing with the 4th of July. There are so many red, white & blue topcoats out right now... & they all look amazing with this polish.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked. This is my favorite lipstick right now. It's definitely a my lips but better shade! It's very moisturizing and incredibly long lasting. Perfect for a day out where you don't want to have to reapply every hour!

Baby Lips by Maybelline. These lip balms will change your life! Baby Lips are perfect for summer. They keep your lips perfectly soft and offer a variety of sheer shades. My favorite is Peach Kiss -- it's a gorgeous nude that slides over most lipsticks shades without muddying the color. Perfect!

Naked Skin by Urban Decay. Like I said, foundation provides a physically barrier from the sun -- pair with SPF & you won't have to worry about a peeling sunburn on your nose! I love Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation. It's very light, so it won't feel like you're wearing a greasy mask a few hours into your day. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner. This is my favorite liner ever. It is so easy to apply and has major staying power -- perfect for rocking a simple cat eye look during the summer. It's my go to make up for everyday: even if I'm not wearing lipstick or anything else, I'll use this eyeliner. It's perfect. 

What are your essentials for this summer? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!