Thursday, June 5, 2014

St. Ives Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub


I'm a sucker for St. Ives. I've used their apricot scrub since I was about 12 years old: it's the best exfoliator on the market, in my opinion, and it's super affordable. However, I'm also a sucker for ~shiny new stuff~ and when I first heard that St. Ives was releasing a set of new scrubs, I was excited. (Even though they fooled me with their green tea scrub a few years ago, I'm still excited for new products from them!) 


I'm also a sucker for promotional images. I mean, look at that. It's like they made them by hand! (Hahahaha as if.) 

In need of a new tube of exfoliator, I decided to try the Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin Orange Scrub. It promises to reveal "bright, radiant skin," which is a nonspecific promise if I've ever heard one. 

The tube only cost about $4, so it's in line with the price of the trust Apricot Scrub. 

First thing, it smells amazing -- really similar to Neutrogena's Grapefruit Acne Wash (which is their normal tried-and-true acne wash turned pink and with scent added, which is great for people with acne prone skin /sarcasm). 

This wash has smaller exfoliating beads than Apricot Scrub -- I researched & these don't seem to be the microbeads that are literally destroying the environment & killing fish. They dissolve & that's a good thing! They are not as rough as the Apricot Scrubs beads, so if you have sensitive skin, that's a plus. 

The scrub left my face feeling smooth & very clean, but it did not exfoliate as much dry skin off as I normally like. That being said, I've noticed a definite improvement in the look & feel of my skin in the past two weeks of using this, as well as some fading of some facial scars. That's a good thing!
I am still unsure if I will repurchase this scrub when it comes time to buy another tube. I really like it & I love the smell, but I'm not sure if I like it better than Old Faithful Apricot Scrub. They might be tied! I am curious, however, to try the oatmeal scrub. I tend to get dry skin alongside allergies in the Summer, so it might be a benefit! 

Have you tried the new St. Ive's Scrubs? What did you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!