Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner


Last week, my Urban Decay 24/7 Liner started to get really runny and gray-ish instead of black. I realized, after heavy use (almost everyday use since I got it in early March!) it was running out. I was incredibly disappointed -- for such an expensive product, it didn't last as long as I thought it would! 

Since winged eyeliner is my favorite make up look for summer, I knew I needed a replacement -- stat! I was making a trip to Sephora for a little reward anyway (which I'll post about this Friday), I thought I'd look for a good replacement. Another blogger suggested I try Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner -- and I am so glad I decided to go for it!


Firstly, Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner costs (slightly) less than Urban Decay -- this was only $18, as opposed to $20 for Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner. Originally, I wanted a similar shape to the Urban Decay -- a brush and a well. 

However, I'm really glad I went with a pen! I've never used liquid eyeliner pens, but I actually find them a lot easier to control. It's a bit more like writing instead of painting! 

The black is incredibly strong -- not watery or gray-ish like Urban Decay's formula was sometimes. It draws on a good, strong line that is very well defined. It's also easy to switch between thin lines and thicker lines. 


Here is a comparison. This is after a day of wear on the Urban Decay liner and a fresh application of Kat Von D. The Kat Von D is definitely a deeper black and applies a lot smoother -- I found my hand less shaking and it was a lot easier for me to draw a defined flick instead of struggling to draw a little triangle! 


The one real big benefit, for me, is that I find it's a lot easier to get close to my eyelash line with the pen. With the Urban Decay brush, I found I had to use a pencil liner to smudge around my lashes (so I didn't get that weird, flesh colored gap!). But with the pen, it's just a lot easier to get right up to my lash line, making a really well defined cat eye. 

I think I've found a liquid liner I can stick with! If you're new to liquid liner, this might also be a great choice -- it's easy to use and not runny, so it's a lot easier to control and play with. 


1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this. I usually go for brown eyeliners, but this one is supposed to be so easy to do a winged look with! EssieButton also wears this like, everyday, and her eyes always look so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!