Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Seche Vite & the End of the Saga


As I wrote last week, I had a really hard time getting a bottle of Seche Vite top coat. It was way more difficult than it needed to be! I finally ordered a bottle from Ulta.com and it arrived last Tuesday. Needless to say, I was beyond excited. I had been itching to try it for weeks and when I thought I'd gotten a bottle... it turned out to be plain clear coat! 

When my bottle arrived, I cleaned my nails up and painted them with Zoya's Hunter -- a gorgeous dark green that is one of my favorites. I really consider it to be a neutral because it's so dark and beautiful. I used Sally Hansen's Miracle Cure base coat, two coats of Hunter, and then a coat of Seche Vite. 

The results were magical. 


I know Seche Vite is kind of "old news" -- but it's new to me (at least in terms of using it). I was very impressed with how quickly my nails dried (and they weren't dent-able either!) and how shiny they were. I used a bit of plain clear polish to add silver round studs to two of my nails, but I wanted my nails to stand out on their own. They are so shiny! 

The appeal of Seche Vite, at least to me, is how fast it dries. That being said, it does have the strangest smell -- it reminded me a bit of oil paint thinner or turpentine! It was very chemical smelling, but I can really forgive that for the results. I can't be mad at less than 60 seconds dry time! 

I'm really excited to keep using this top coat and to see how it works with a variety of polish brands -- and to see how it holds up after a few days! I tend to paint my nails quite often, but I'm going to try to keep this polish on for a while, just to see what happens. 


2 comments:

  1. Seche Vite - literally my all-time favourite brand for top coats and base nail polishes! Also, I do love your green nail polish! Such a quirky and beautiful colour <3
    A.
    letterstoa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! I have had a problem with some peeling the last few days -- but I think I was applying it when my polish was too dry. So, I am doing an experiment: I painted one hand and put SV on when the polish was still quite wet; on the other hand, I let my polish dry a little bit before applying SV. We'll see how it goes!

      Thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!