Monday, May 5, 2014

Seche Clear Base Coat & the Seche Vite Saga


Let me tell you the saga of Seche Vite. 

Whenever I visit Idaho, I have to make a visit to the Ulta in Nampa. I don't have an Ulta near me, and so it's kind of a novelty for me. While there, I wanted to get a new, fancy top coat, with Seche Vite being at the top of my list.

Last Saturday, I went shopping with my future sister-in-law, Amy. While there, I carried around a bottle of Seche Vite for a while, before noticing a sign on the Zoya polishes: buy two Zoya polishes, get a free top coat! Um, well, that's awesome! I picked out two nail polishes and headed to the cashier. After I had had all my items rung up, I asked about the free topcoat. The sales associate took about 10 minutes of searching and came back with the Zoya retouch topcoat. I was excited... then she looked around and pulled out a bottle of glitter polish. It turned out the offer was for a free glitter top coat. And potentially the ugliest glitter I've ever seen! No wonder it was free. I opted out of the Zoya polishes and walked out without the thing I went into the store to get.

When Danny and I went shopping the next day, I decided to stop at Ulta again to get that Seche Vite. A few feet into the store, a sales associate asked if I was looking for anything; I said I wanted to grab a bottle of Seche Vite. She went to get it for me, I paid, and then I triumphantly left the store.

Fast forward eight hours later. I was packing up everything before Danny and I drove back to Oregon. I looked at my bottle of Seche Vite, lovingly. And then, I noticed.

It wasn't Seche Vite. It was Seche Clear. Clear. Nail. Polish. 

I almost banged my head against the wall.

When I got home on Monday, I ordered a bottle of real Seche Vite topcoat online.

And since I own Seche Clear, I thought I'd talk about it.

Firstly, I actually kinda like it. I used it as a topcoat for my nail polish driving home and it didn't chip at all. That being said, because it's a base coat, it didn't make my nails particularly shiny, which is really what I look for in a topcoat.

I think this basecoat would work really well in conjunction with Seche Vite and I'm excited for my bottle to arrive so I can try it out! I typically use Sally Hansen's Miracle Cure for base coat, because it's good for sensitive nails. I've found a coat of Miracle Cure followed by a coat of Seche Clear makes a good base for polish; it helps to fill in any ridges and keeps my nails from getting stained. Always a win-win!

Have you ever used Seche Clear or Seche Vite? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!