Thursday, May 15, 2014

Laura Geller Spackle Supercharged Primer


Oh, primers. As you guys know, I've tried a few primers: Rimmel London; Lorac Pro; Benefit POREFessional; Benefit Hello Flawless... None of them work for me. In general, slick primers just are not good for oily skin types. It's just too much slickness. 

I was really hesitant to try another primer. 

Like, really hesitant. 

Most primers have made me break out horribly. Combined with my normal hormonal break outs, I really don't need to add fuel to that fire. With the stress of starting a new job (er, two new jobs -- more on that tomorrow), a few hormonal changes, and the change in seasons, my skin has been hit hard in the last few months. Trying a new primer just didn't feel like it should be part of that equation. 

However, I was really intrigued by this primer. I just really can't resist trying to find one that works for my skin.

Immediately upon opening the sample and putting some on my fingers, it felt different from other primers I've used: not slick or greasy, but a bit like moisturizer. It's also pink and kind of sparkly in color! 

I used it under my Naked foundation and thought it felt really nice. It definitely helped to even out my skin texture and made a good base to put foundation on. Sometimes I feel like primers make my foundation brush feel a bit goopy when trying to put foundation on, but this one didn't. 

I did find that by the end of the day, my face felt very greasy -- which is fairly typical for me, but something I wish I could find a primer to remedy! It definitely kept my foundation from getting goopy and greasy for a bit longer than normal, but I still didn't last the whole day. 

Well, the perfect primer search continues. Does anyone have any suggestions? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!