Thursday, May 1, 2014

Charming Charlie


Have you guys ever heard of Charming Charlie

Well, I hadn't either. But when I went to Idaho this past weekend, Danny's mom, Renae, and my future sister-in-law, Amy, raved about it. Later on, Danny's sister, Annie, always told me it was great. 

Funny enough, Charming Charlie is in a shopping complex called the Village in Meridian -- right next to where I used to work. I was really surprised to see essentially a full-scale outdoor mall where there used to be a big field! It's so weird how much Meridian has changed in the three years I've been gone! 

Danny and I went to the Village on Sunday for a brief shopping trip. I tried not to do a ton of shopping, but given what I'd been told, I needed to see Charming Charlie. 

I was not disappointed. I was overwhelmed. 

Firstly, the store is color-coded. This is something I, personally, love. When I walked in, I was in the black-gray-mint-teal sections. Pretty much my favorite sections. They have bags, jewelry, watches, dresses, and tops (not a lot of pants or skirts, I noticed), as well as about 100 scarves, plus shoes, sunglasses, cell phone covers, hair accessories, nail polish... The best part? Everything was cheap. Not cheap in the Forever 21 way -- low price and low quality -- but cheap in the good way -- low price and decent quality. Kind of like Target, but more organized and even more affordable. 

I scooped up only three items, mainly because I was overwhelmed, but also because I didn't want to spend too much money. I bought a pair of mint heart-shaped sunglasses; a mint watch with a striped face and leather band; and a red tee shirt with a chevron pocket. 


I was excited to get home and check out their website (which is a lot less overwhelming for me). The shirt on the left is one I got -- the dresses are some I spotted in the store, but felt too overwhelmed to try on. I really want the yellow one with the striped top! It is too cute. 

Sitting at home in Oregon now, I'm wishing I'd spent more time int he store (and perhaps, more money). They had a lot of great casual tops that could easily be paired with trousers or skirts for office-appropriate looks. Plus, the prices were amazing. 

Have you ever shopped at Charming Charlie? What did you think? 




1 comment:

  1. I've heard of Charming Charlie, but I've never been! Didn't realize they were online though..uh oh...

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!