Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Blackberry Lemonade


The past week has been beautiful in Oregon! Last Thursday, it was over 80 degrees here. I started Weight Watchers last Wednesday, so I've been paying really close attention to everything I eat and drink -- it's so easy to drink extra calories especially! However, when it gets warm out, I love to drink flavored beverages, like iced tea, soda, and lemonade. What is that? When you should drink more water, nothing sounds better than a glass of sugary lemonade!

I decided to make some fresh lemonade with some lemons I had leftover from my failed attempt at juicing. (I'll be posting about my abandoned juice fast later!) It turned out so well that I thought I'd share the recipe! 

Blackberry Lemonade with Fresh Lemon Juice

You'll need: 
  • 5 or 6 lemons (about 1 1/2 cups of juice) 
  • about 3-4 cups of water
  • 4 packets of stevia (I use Stevia in the Raw, but you can use Truvia) 
  • 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup of blackberries
  • 1 lemon sliced
Instructions: 

Cut lemons in half and squeeze out juice into a bowl. (You can totally use a citrus juicer, a juicing machine, or any other way to juice lemons, but I like to take out my aggression and squeeze them myself! I find it works just as well and no special equipment.) Using a mesh strainer, strain out seeds and pulp into large pitcher. 

Add Stevia and first 1/4 cup of sugar to juice, then add water to taste. I usually pour a little in a glass and taste it. Add more sugar or water as needed. 

Add blackberries and sliced lemon to pitcher and stir. Put into fridge to chill for about 2 hours. Serve! 


I love adding fresh berries to everything, especially in the Spring. I have a huge amount of blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries in my freezer right now, so I thought blackberries would be a lovely addition to this lemonade. I was right -- they are delicious with the tart and sweet of the lemon! This is the perfect treat for relaxing outside in the spring... or watching TV with Danny. 

(PS -- my flamingo swizzle stick is from a $1 pack at Target!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!