Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Vinka




I'm trying to get in the habit of going for walks again. A few years ago, I would got for a walk almost everyday, usually with my camera, but sometimes with just my iPod. It's hard moving to a new house -- I don't have the walking trails I used to have! However, I thought I'd take some pictures of outside my house. We don't really have a lawn yet -- the ground around our home is covered in vinka minor, sometimes called dwarf periwinkle or creeping myrtle. 

I love that we have a pretty atypical yard right now! In the spring, the vinka blooms light and dark purple flowers, so it looks even prettier. I know some people plant vinka and struggle with it to bloom and spread properly... it makes me feel bad that we have so much and literally can't get rid of it! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday. 


1 comment:

  1. I think if I owned my own home/had run of the yard, I would probably cover it something not-grass, just 'cause I'm not the type to do lawn work and there are so many gorgeous ground covering plants that require much less maintenance. I don't think that's something that grows here though, never seen it before, it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!