Monday, April 14, 2014

Sephora CC Cream


Last week, I treated myself to a little shopping day -- something I haven't done in quite a while. I ended up buying a few things at Sephora and received a sample of Sephora's CC cream. 

I should start by saying that I'm not a very big fan of BB or CC creams -- I have yet to find one that actually works on my skin tone! They all seem to be the same... orange color. Not cute. I asked the sales girl if there was only one tone the sample came in -- she said yes. Well, that seems quite limiting! Out of the, what, 8 billion people on the Earth, I'd say that none of us have the exact same tone of skin. 

I decided to give it a try though. The first dab on my hand was, well... have a look. 


Nacho cheese color. 

Ok, maybe not, but it's very orange. I brushed it on half of my face and promptly laughed. I think it could work if blended with a bit of moisturizer, but plain, it's just far, far too orange for my skin. I am beginning to suspect that the sales girl did not know what she was talking about when she said the sample one came in one shade. I mean, how are you supposed to try things if they are a shade too dark!? Sephora's website informs me that the Skin Perfect CC Cream comes in at least 7 different shades. The fair or light shade actually looks like it would be rather close to my skin tone! 

Enough about the shade! That is the most important part of any foundation or CC cream, but it's not the only important bit. I really think that if this sample was in a shade that worked for me, it would be a great CC cream for non-foundation days. It made my skin feel quite smooth and provided a good amount of coverage, without looking like a mask. My skin has been quite flaky and dry (as well as a bit broken out) lately and this actually made my skin feel better... instead of worse. Quite nice! 

The thing I like about most CC creams is that they contain SPF. As well, any foundation, powder, or CC cream provides a physical barrier between your skin and the sun. That's pretty great! It's one less step of adding SPF myself and risking messing up my make up. 

I'm really curious to try a different shade of this CC cream. I just purchased new foundation about two weeks ago though, so I will probably not be able to for a few months. When I do, do any of you have suggestions for great CC creams? Preferably those that come with in a very light shade! 


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful review...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm....haven't tried CC cream before. I just got introduced to BB creams two months ago and I fell in love. I have the Too Face brand and the shade was perfect. Foundation makes my face feel clogged. I want to try CC cream next. We'll see how I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!