Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Got Free Cheese & It Was the Greatest/Weirdest


Have you joined Influenster yet? If you haven't, you are missing out. I have qualified for the weirdest free samples on there. Most recently: cheese. 

Essentially, Influenster is a website where you review products. The more you review, the more likely you are to qualify for VoxBox campaigns -- boxes that are sponsored by specific companies that send you samples. 

I qualified for and received the coveted Jolly VoxBox (Christmas edition), which was not very Christmas-y; it included a cheap eyeshadow palette, a lip gloss from Rimmel, a packet of tissues, and a box of Skinny Cow low-cal chocolates. 

I've qualified for other stuff, but I have to say, the Sargento VoxBox has been the kicker

I mean, what about me screams, this girl needs from FREE CHEESE

Apparently, I look like someone, at least from my reviews, who appreciates cheese. And yes, I do. I love cheese. It's delicious. 

The Sargento VoxBox included two vouchers for Sargento's new Ultra Thin Slices in any variety. Once was a FREE voucher (awesome) and one was $1 off. The box also included a hilariously folded insulated lunch bag. The other side is stamped with a HUGE Sargento logo, which I'm excited to show off at my new job. "I might look like a mild-mannered social media geek, BUT I am sponsored by... SARGENTO I LOVE CHEESE." 

After I used my vouchers, I brought home a package of Sharp Cheddar Ultra Thin Slices, and a package of Colby Jack. The other options were Swiss, Baby Swiss, Mild Cheddar (never), Provolone, and Pepperjack (gross), as well as a few others that I cannot remember. 

I mostly use sliced cheese in four ways: plain as a snack; on my morning fried egg sandwiches; in turkey roll ups with avocado and tortilla; and in grilled cheese. I typically use American cheese in grilled cheese and I refuse to stop -- it is the only true grilled cheese sandwich, end of discussion. 

I used the Sharp Cheddar to make some turkey roll ups. I take turkey, cheese, spinach, cream cheese, and avocado and layer those on a tortilla; then you just roll it up and cut into slices. It's like sandwich-sushi. They're delicious! It was quite good. I like that the slices are then enough to roll without breaking and the flavor was that sharp cheddar that I love. 

I primarily ate the Colby Jack as snacks. Nothing like a good slice of cheese after I work out. I say that in the hopes that people will think I eat it for the protein, but mostly, I gobble down slices of cheese because I've burned 500+ calories and dammit I will eat a slice of cheese or two

What other uses can you think of for sliced cheese? My sliced cheese use is desperately lacking, clearly. Help a cheese-loving sister out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!