Friday, April 11, 2014

From the Archives: No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes

Oh man! I love these mini cheesecakes. The first time I made them (and when I wrote this post), I made them for Halloween. You definitely don't have to because they are delicious all the time! It would be super easy to just add sprinkles on top instead of chocolate, or to pipe different designs with chocolate. Either way, they are super easy and very yummy! 


Friday night, I made mini cheesecakes and, if I do say so much, they are absolutely delicious!! They are also really easy to make, so I thought I'd share the recipe.

This is, quite literally, all you need.
  • 1 box of Jell-o No Bake Cheesecake filling
  • About 1/4 of Baker's dipping chocolate (I love these because it has a snap on lid, so you can save unused melting chips) 
  • A package of your favorite Oreos (you can also you any other small cookie) 
  • 1 1/2 cups cold milk
  • a mixer
  • a muffin tin
  • Cupcake liners
Ready? Go.


Start by putting liners in the cupcake tin and then put an Oreo in the bottom of each cup. 



In a large bowl, combine milk and cheesecake mix. Blend using a mixer at low speed for a minute or two, then mix on medium for about 3 minutes or until thickened. 


Spoon the cheesecake mix on top and smooth as much as you can with a spoon.



In a glass bowl or measuring cup, melt about a handful of Baker's chocolate chips. It takes about two minutes to melt in the microwave, stirring every few seconds. When it's melted, take a small plastic bag and put inside a small glass. Fold the edges of the plastic baggie over the edge of the glass. Spoon in the chocolate. Pull the edges of the baggie up and twist. Snip off the end of the baggie. This makes a tiny and disposable piping bag. 


I piped spiderwebs for Halloween, but you can certainly do just a drizzle or any other seasonal design! For the spiderweb, I just did 8 straight, intersecting lines, and then a spiral from the center to the edge. Very easy. 


Chill! The Jell-o packaging says to chill for just an hour or two, but I've found that it takes a lot longer to set up than that suggests. I usually do overnight or a few hours before serving. However, even if it's soft, everything is ready to eat. So really, you can eat them whenever you feel like it!


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I want to eat all of these. Always. lol

    Lovely blog, darling!

    Vieve xx

    www.bonjourvieve.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!