Thursday, March 20, 2014

the Liebster Award


Lovely Rachael from Golden Clutter nominated me for the Liebster Award! I've done the Liebster Award before -- ages ago on Locked Out, I think! -- but it's meant to acknowledge and promote new blogs. Nominees answer 11 questions, and then nominate 11 more blogs with under 200 followers. It's a great way to get to know new and upcoming blogs!

Here are the questions Rachael gave me: 

1. What is top of your wishlist right now? Oh gosh, so many things! I'm still currently on the hunt for a job, so I don't have a lot of money to splurge on right now. In fact, I'm sitting in a Starbucks right now using their internet because I ran out of data at home & don't want to spend money to buy a bit more! However, as far as "things I want": I want a vacation; I want a new car; and I want a few more maxi dresses for Spring and Summer. That's it, really. Little things! 

2. What's your one desert island beauty product? Sunscreen SPF. Haha. That's not exciting, is it!? I'm super fair though, with tons of freckles, so protecting my skin is priority number 1! If I was stuck on an island, with the possibility of being saved, I'd definitely want some SPF, so I'm not a lobster by the time the rescue boat shows up! 

3. If you were given 24 hours to live what would you do? Cry hysterically for at least an hour. Hug Danny and Remus and not stop. Take a train somewhere. Hug my mom and dad. Play with my nephews. Write down as much as I could. 

4. What's your best talent? I'm quite a good cook. I'm a writer, by profession, so that's really my "big talent" -- but I'm also a very good cook and baker. Not to brag. It's just true! I love cooking and I love baking. I look forward to trying new things and new recipes and experimenting. I made some yummy potato chips the other day. I made some really good salted caramel frosting for cupcakes as well. And I make really good fried egg sandwiches. 

5. What was the last song you listened to? Gosh, I think it was Aloe Blacc "I'm the Man." It was on the radio on my way to an interview! I actually really love that song, although I had to google it to determine the singer and title. I had the chorus stuck in my head for about three days a few weeks ago. Listen to it on Youtube and try to tell me that chorus isn't stupidly catchy! 


6. Who do you admire the most? I admire my mom and dad quite a bit. They are so hardworking, and have sacrificed so much for me. They are also my exact definition of success! I also admire my grandfather a lot. And a few famous people, although not many. 


7. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do? Go to Disneyland. Free admission and I could sneak on all the rides. 


8. What's your biggest pet peeve? Chewing sounds. It's actually a problem. I cannot stand the sounds people make when they chew: mouth open, mouth closed, it does not matter, they are all disgusting. I cannot stand it! I have very sensitive hearing and I can hear people chewing across the room, swallowing, smacking their lips... I can't even. Sometimes, I even get annoyed at myself for the sounds I make while eating! 


9. Cats or dogs? Dogs. All the way. I've promised Danny a cat when we can afford it, but I'm not a very big fan of cats. I don't like how they smell. Litter boxes are so gross (and they get the litter everywhere). They aren't nice or cuddly or sweet like dogs. They are just mean. I'm definitely a dog person! 


10. What's your favourite breakfast? Crispy waffles & bacon OR a fried egg sandwich with avocado; or cinnamon rolls... with bacon. 


11. Where's your favourite place to holiday? Oh, you Brits!! This is such a British question... Americans don't really go on holidays or vacations. Asking for time off here is too big of a pain, if your workplace even offers time off or vacation days! The last big vacation I went on was to Disneyland, in June for my honeymoon. Before that it was... Disneyland, two years before, with my mom. It was a family reunion in Montana maybe 6 months before that. In general, I like going to Disneyland because: it's fairly close; you can travel there over the weekend, so you only have to ask for maybe 3-4 days off work; and it's really packed full of stuff, so if you're only there a short time, you have plenty to do! 


My issue with the Liebster Award is... I never know who to tag! There are just SO MANY of you wonderful bloggers out there. Instead, here are all the people who have sent me links after Twitter chats the last few days. Follow them! They are all lovely! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!