Monday, March 17, 2014

My (Slightly Embarrassing) Lipstick Collection


Since moving way back in December (erm, has it really been three months already!? We moved our bed over on December 16!!), I've been putting off getting my make up organized. It's probably my least favorite thing to organize. 

See, I have the things I use everyday. Foundation, eyeshadow primer, liquid liner, mascara. 

Then, I have the things I might use on a daily basis, but it changes (eyeshadow palettes, blush, and lipsticks). 

Then, I have the "special occasion" things -- fancy liner, special eyeshadow. You know, the stuff I don't use everyday because it's too expensive or would be a little garish for a casual look. 

It's hard to organize all those little tubes and palettes in a way that makes sense. My typical method is to divide everything into tubs -- my everyday stuff in a tub in a drawer, all my eyeshadow palettes stacked up randomly in the drawer. Then my lipsticks were in a tub by the shower (not sure why, actually) with about half of my eyeshadow palettes. 

On Saturday, I finally got everything organized into a drawer. I cleaned out my purse and got all my lipsticks into one place. I bought little $1 bins to get everything organized. I told myself this would work. 

As I worked on organizing my lipsticks, I realized something weird: 

I own a lot of lipstick. And lip gloss. It's actually kind of embarrassing. 


On Saturday, I also treated myself to a new lipstick. It's Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick in Naked. It's a gorgeous nude-pink color -- very close to my natural lip color, but a bit darker! It's really lovely. Bringing this baby home reminded me I needed to organize my lipstick collection. Right now, they're all organized into one bin in my make up drawer... right next to my basics, where they belong!

Here's what's in my collection: 

♥ Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Naked
♥ Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Violet Pop
♥ Wet n Wild Mega Lip Color with SPF in Salsa Lessons and It's a Girl!
♥ Rimmel London Lasting Finish in Kasbah
♥ Clinique Lipstick in Spiced Apple and Rose Taffy
♥ Rimmel London Kate XO in 01 (dark red)
♥ Aveda in Sheer Papaya
♥ Aveda in Poppy
♥ Aveda Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Sunkissed Melon
♥ Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon
♥ Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple
♥ Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Precious
♥ Almay Tinted Lip Gloss in Just Plum
♥ Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in Aurora
♥ Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Strawberry Fizz
♥ Liplicious by Bath & Body Works in Fresh Mulberry, Dipped Strawberry, Paris Amour, Sugar & Spice, and Watermelon Sorbet

There's more than that, though. I keep a (huge, embarrassingly huge) collection of gloss and lip balm in my purse at all times. As well, I know I have more lipstick bouncing around in various purses -- specifically, my favorite coral lipstick (by Covergirl) is currently MIA... but I'm sure it will turn up!


1 comment:

  1. What are the urban decay lipsticks like? I've wanted to try one for ages!

    Kal x
    Clutteredcloset.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!