Monday, January 27, 2014

30 in 1001


The other day, I noticed a hashtag on Twitter that I'd never seen before: #101list. I love lists, so I immediately began browsing to see what it was. From what I can tell, the 101 lists comes from the Day Zero Project... that is, to make a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. (For those curious, as I was, 1001 days in a little under 3 years!) They can be little things, big things, or even in-between.

I decided to take a big leap and make my own (slightly less ambitious) list of 30 things I want to accomplish in 1001 days. (In my mind, this evens out to about 10 things a year!) Two years (and some change) is a long time -- I mean, look how my life has changed in the last two or three years! -- and making a list of everything I want to accomplish means I will have something fun to look back on. What I want to accomplish will certainly have changed in two years.

Here's my 30 in 1001 list!

1. Write 50 letters.
2. Stay in a bed & breakfast.
3. Go to Disneyland for Danny & I's anniversary.
4. Go to London.
5. Visit NYC.
6. Start a garden.
7. Adopt a dachshund puppy.
8. Visit Canada.
9. Have a baby.
10. Start a chicken coop.
11. Learn to dance
12. Run a marathon (half?)
13. Visit at least 5 new (to me) restaurants
14. Save more money.
15. Get rid of 25% of my useless belongings
16. Spend Christmas someplace snowy
17. Read 100 new books!
18. Can vegetables.
19. Start a freelance business.
20. Plant flowers.
21. Teach Remus to roll over.
22. Learn to play an instrument.
23. Go hiking.
24. Visit Disneyworld.
25. Cook something new every week.
26. Stop eating fast food!
27. Finish my wedding/honeymoon scrapbook!
28. Write a novel (a real one).
29. Buy a new car.
30. Visit Sweet Cheeks Winery with Danny on our anniversary.

Do you have a big goals list? Let me know what's on yours!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really like some of those! I started my own first garden last year and I really enjoyed it. It was far from amazing, I'm no green thumb, but I'm giving it another go this year (and hopefully I can keep my disorganized father out of it!) I had no idea you wanted to start a chicken coop though, I love that idea too. Unfortunately I doubt my landlord would allow me to do that in his yard haha. I change my mind so often, and my personality seems to be in a state of flux again, that trying to set myself too many long term goals just makes me feel trapped. As it is, I just want to finish college and find myself a quiet little home someplace to share with a someone I don't have yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!