Sunday, December 1, 2013

One Love, One House


Long story short: since February, Danny and I have been in the process of building a home. 

Not personally, obviously. Our home is being built by a company that we, essentially, bought a plan from. It's mostly easy, except for when things go wrong (like all the wiring being stolen back in August). 

This weekend, we had to paint all of the baseboards, trim, and doors to prep for the final steps of the house. If everything goes according to plan, we'll be moving in less than two weeks. If not, I'm gonna be pretty mad. Do you know how hard it is to wait to put up a Christmas tree!? 


Right now, the house is so close to being done that it's actually kind of maddening. We have cabinets, sinks, toilets, doors, trim, and everything else... except a water heater and most of our big appliances. We also don't have carpet, so that's kind of a downside.

I've been ready to move for about two months now, but I've packed... surprisingly little, actually. I'm preparing myself for a bunch of whirlwind packing that happens as we're moving. It's not very fun, but hey, at least we'll get it done.

I can't wait to post pictures of the finished house. It's been a huge project and I'm so ready for it just to be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!