Monday, December 23, 2013

6 Months


Six months ago, I got married.
It feels both like it was just yesterday and like it's been ages. I'm not really sure how that works out. 

June 23 was a fantastic day for me. But one magical day doesn't mean smooth sailing forever. The last six months have been hard -- it feels like every week or so, we are encountering some sort of huge stress that knocks us on our feet -- but I like to think the next six months will be the "downhill" side of the emotional roller coaster of stressful life events.

Danny and I are almost completely moved into our new house -- which definitely removes a lot of stress from both of us! I already feel 100 times better about the world now that we have a place to really call our own.

The best part about marriage, to me, is that it's not perfect. A lot of women grow up with this idea of marriage -- you'll meet this guy, and he'll propose in some sort of elaborate scene, and you'll plan this huge day and everything will be absolutely perfect, happily ever after and all that. Unfortunately, that's not true. There is so much in life that is frustrating, but I think the valuable part is fighting through all the bad with someone who cares about you, someone who loves you unconditionally. (This is why you should marry for love -- not money, or being afraid, or feeling like you have to get married.) There are times when Danny annoys me or I don't understand him or I wish he would do more or I wish I could do more... but I'm always amazed at how he loves me despite everything, and how I love him despite everything. At the end of the day, he's still my best friend. And that's what being married is about.


1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 month anniversary! I know what you mean when you say time flies/at the same time it feels like forever. Time is weird.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!