Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is one of my top favorite holidays. It's like practice Christmas -- you get all the joy and cheer without the pressure of gifts. How awesome is that? 



We had Thanksgiving at my mom's house this year. I made sweet potato casserole, quinoa salad with sweet potatoes, cranberries, and apples, and a pumpkin pie. In my last CSA box, I got a pie pumpkin, which I used to make puree a few weeks ago. I used the puree to make the pumpkin pie -- can I just say, it tastes so much better with real pumpkin! I had to make sweet potato casserole because Danny loves it -- although I've never really had it before. It turned out to be really yummy and a huge hit with everyone. 

My mom had make chocolate cupcakes to entertain my nephews -- they decorated them with candy corn and white M&Ms. I may have eaten one of them afterward...


Remus attended the festivities for a little bit. He gets very excited in new places and my mom's house is always new to him! He had fun chasing a ball around for a little while and showing off how well he can sit and lie down for my parents. After dinner, Danny and I got his dinner ready -- I treated him to some pieces of turkey on top of his normal serving of kibble! It is Thanksgiving, after all. 



After dinner, Danny and I went home, fed Remus, and then went on a walk to work off some of the Thanksgiving energy... and calories. I love going on walks with Danny -- it's something we stopped doing for a while. I used to go walking all the time (when I had, ahem, more spare time!) and it's something I definitely want to take up again. Writers always talk about the benefits of walking and recording -- I find it really calming and peaceful. Plus, exercise! 

After Thanksgiving, I always feel really excited, probably from consuming so much food and caffeine. Going for a walk definitely helped me burn off the excess energy, plus I'm trying to get back into taking pictures regularly and practicing my photography! 





Danny and I are completing our Thanksgiving with a required viewing of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (one of my favorite Christmas movies) and a big bowl of popcorn. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 


1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!