Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A New Day


Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog! These first posts are always really hard -- how do you introduce yourself without, you know, introducing yourself like it's the first day of 5th grade? 

As you probably know, I've written the blog Locked Out for almost 6 years. This week, I decided to close the doors on Locked Out and move on. In the past six years, I've gone through college, graduated, gotten engaged, gotten married, and become, essentially, an adult. I'm also working to rebuild my confidence and self image after the stress and change of the last two years! It's a huge process and one that takes many steps. Starting a new creative outlet for myself is just one of the pieces of the puzzle for me. 

To learn more about me, click here!

One thing I wanted to talk about in this post is... what's this blog about? 

Locked Out was a decidedly personal style/fashion obsessed blog... which is one of the reasons why I decided to move away from that. I no longer have the time, patience, or confidence to create personal outfit focused posts. But I do still love fashion. 

One thing I always enjoy is talking about what I've learned. I'm a constant learner -- I read all the time, from books to the news to lists. I write in a journal. I write poems. I keep intense records of my life. My internet presence is just one of those records! I hope for this blog to be a place to write my life: from fashion and beauty to day-to-day life with my husband, Danny. 

More than anything, I want Ellipsis to be a positive place for me to find joy in my life and to regain confidence in myself. 

Thank you for following me here! 




1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I haven’t been the best reader on your blog as I don’t comment very often but I have been reading Locked Out for three or four years, I think, and have always enjoyed reading your posts.

    I have been anticipating this post for a while now as you have seemed to pull back from Locked Out a bit. While I was sad to feel you distancing yourself from your blog (because I love reading it), I can totally understand where you’re coming from. I, too, have felt blogs that I once wrote begin to restrict me to the point where I felt like I was forcing my round self into a square hole. Emotionally I feel like I’m in a very similar place to you right now, as I’m dealing with weight gain, anxiety, depression, stress, and big life transitions, all leading to some pretty dramatic personality changes. I used to consider myself a writer, too, but I have also pulled back – especially from journaling – because I have felt so scared to realize and admit these scary emotions I am dealing with. And, in a cyclical fashion, my withdraw from writing has also made me sadder. I did not mean to make this into a pity party all about myself; I just wanted to say I 100% understand where you’re coming from.

    To be honest, while I like fashion and I like your personal style, your fashion posts were never my favourite. I like you as a person more and I like hearing your thoughts about life, writing, your career, family, dog, etc. a whole lot more. So, I’m incredibly relieved and also really excited to see what you do with this new space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Ellipsis! I try to reply to all comments, but replying on a blog post isn't always the easiest. If you have a question or want to start a conversation, don't be afraid to send me a message on Twitter @ellipsis_life. Thanks!